Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sound Video Idea




I keep listening to Painted on the Firmament, I. Thunder Moon by Mark Volker over and over again. The piece has definately captured my attention. Whenever I listen to it though I can't help but picture a duel or some sort of struggle taking place. Right now I'm thinking of creating a piece that follows the life of a duelist. Since the music reminds me of that which would be used in star wars, maybe I'll base it on my friend and his lightsabers. It's still rough. I will either base it on a duel between himself and I, or his struggle to come to terms with his dueling and the emotional stress its put him in. I want to go with the latter and try to incorporate some flash black moments of maybe where him and I are dueling. I guess this would be done in post production to give it a correct look.
Outline:
A figure is seen in a dim room (still enough light to make out everything)
Camera zooms in on the figure and then cuts to his face (to see the desperation)
Maybe now the camera pans down to view the cause of it which is the lightsaber.
(This is where maybe a quick flash back pops up of him dueling against himself or practicing, or fighting against me)
Camera records as the figure struggles to pick up his weapon and fight again.
Ends with the figure deciding not to fight.

Link to the song.



7 comments:

Jason Cole said...

Just be careful. If you go on youtube, you'll find THOUSANDS of poorly-crafted (and some expertly crafted) videos of people dueling with light sabers. That is the "history" that you will be contending with and the thing which you will want to rise above.

Dwayne Butcher said...

I dont know if you meant it or not, but this is going to be a funny video. At least it has the potential to anyways.

Good piece of music. I dont know how I missed that one.

Wesley Catlett said...

I am interested to see how you portray the motion of your characters to complements the music.

Jeremiah J. Patlan said...

this sounds like it has a lot of potential, to be funny or otherwise. either way, its an excuse to do an action sequence.

Alex said...

Could be interesting, but it'll probably have a cheesy aspect with the light saber. It might end up being a humorous video.

*~Erin M~* said...

I would like to know if you intend to be funny or serious about the video. That will help you determine how you this video to turn out.

Guy Masters said...

I've seen a lot of the duels on there. I haven't decided which way I'll go yet, humor or otherwise serious. The focus though will be on the idea rather than the actual duel, hopefully. I'm still deciding.