Thursday, September 4, 2008

Portrait Ideas

I'm not exactly sure what character I'm going to be creating but I know I want him to be somewhat dark and yet the same time hopeful. Perhaps the mood he gives off can represent my idea of multiple people being in the same place, or existing in the same place at different times. I'm actually thinking of going out into the woods, around dusk and recording this character using the light through the branches. I also have the idea to shoot in the evening time. There's this community center building with corners that have just the perfect amount of depth. This location, or the day I will be shooting on, will naturally have lanterns outside of it. The light from these would make a great effect and still adhere to the dogme rules and Vow of Chastity.

My last idea involves lots of blankets and the light being cast through and over them. The shadows from the light can hopefully bring to life a character of darkness that is born from light. Not too mention, this character or rather the shadows, would be dancing on the ground and walls too.

No comments: