Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ideas for next assignment

1.  I want to go from house to house in different neighborhood and go up to the doors of them and record the entrance way.  The idea of a home could also extend to any living environment that can be recognized as having inhabitants.  I want to do this at different times of the day, maybe at night and then again in the morning.  I can go up to many houses  throughout the period of the day, or I can visit a  set of houses in the day, and visit them again at night to see if the variation in lighting sets a different mood on them.  Through this I want to show how just a front porch or yard can portray the differences in dwellings and lifestyles.  This is not meant to show and distinguish the bad from the good, but to depict that someone's lifestyle cant be portrayed by how they maintain the front of their house.  

 2.  For this idea, I'm thinking of shooting in a deserted area or at least one that seems that way and has an eerie tranquility to it.  There will be a figure sitting in the field looking ahead.  He's not but does not want to be found.   I want to record his view of the field and the area he lives in.  The figure will traverse the terrain and continue to stare out with a look of content in his eyes.  The journey will begin with him in the field, then walking to alternate locations in the same area.  With this I want to play with the idea of man not needing anything or anyone but himself to be happy.  The biggest problem I'll probably run into with this is showing that the model is content and happy.

3.  As this assignment goes with creating your own music, my last idea involves using mostly video effects.  The video will be composed to go along with the sound after it is composed.  It won't be directly in sync the whole time but will be somewhat close.  For this one, the transitions and colors will be a way of seeing the sound of the music, sort of the way when looking at its wavelength as its playing.  I really want to play with the mood on this one with different effects and variations in the hue of the colors.  Also, depending on how the song comes out to be, I will choose one location, record it and have it loop in the background.  This is, again, to play with the mood and visualization of sound from the musical piece.

7 comments:

Alex said...

I think your 3rd idea sounds strongest. It will probably be the most visually interesting of the 3.

ry said...

yea, your conceptual work is um well. I like your third idea too.

atheistpally said...

#3 i think

Dwayne Butcher said...

i like the first idea. are you going to know the people who live in the houses? if not, some may think you are staking out the homes in order to later come back and rob them.

Jason Cole said...

Idea 1 has interesting socioeconomic potential as well. How does a well-off person's front door compare to the front door of a shotgun house in a poorer neighborhood? etc.

Wesley Catlett said...

All of your ideas have a lot of potential. If you need help finding vast field landscapes, hit me up.

*~Erin M~* said...

Please don't get shot if you do the 1st idea. I like your 3rd idea the best.